|Photo credit: Terence Faircloth|
The Twilight Zone (1959 - 1964)
- Takes place entirely in a single room:
"Nervous Man in a Four-Dollar Room"
- One person alone in a deserted town:
"Where is Everybody?"
- Two people alone in a deserted town:
"Stopover in a Quiet Town"
- A woman lives in a hermetically-sealed house with her eccentric parents:
"The Lateness of the Hour"
- A woman is trapped alone overnight in a department store:
"The After Hours"
- Several families are close friends, and only one of them has a bomb shelter:
- The first human space colony, isolated for 30 years, is about to be rescued and return to Earth:
(Starring James Whitmore)
"On Thursday we Leave for Home"
- A woman is afraid that if she leaves her house she will die:
(Starring Gladys Cooper and Robert Redford)
"Nothing in the Dark"
- An introvert and bookworm wants only to be left alone with his books:
(Starring Burgess Meredith)
"Time Enough at Last"
- A former movie star would rather stay alone and watch her old movies than go outside:
"The Sixteen-Millimeter Shrine"
- A convict lives alone on a barren asteroid, until he isn't alone any more.
- The villain here is a slot machine, not a virus:
- A loudmouth bets that he can remain silent for one year, while remaining in a glass room:
- A dying man's last request is that his dysfunctional family wear masks for one night:
- A ship crash-lands and the only survivor experiences Martian hospitality:
"People Are Alike All Over"
- A completely isolated society where everyone is happy, until outside events force The Enterprise to intervene
Star Trek: TNG
The Masterpiece Society
- A prison world run by vicious captors who reward good behavior with time in the garden
(Starring Una Damon)
- Charles and Buddy accidentally lock themselves in a cage.
Charles in Charge
"La Cage Aux Fools"
- A mother and child are trapped alone in a room with no way to escape.